The Likarish brothers make their grain to glass whiskey with locally sourced grains. Corn is the primary grain they work with experimenting and using a variety of heirloom corn. From special purple corn, bloody butcher corn, and a recent green Oaxacan corn. Each varietal imparts a different flavor on the whiskey. So what whiskey do they make?
Ironroot Republic Whiskeys
- Promethean Straight Bourbon – Among other awards it won the silver buckle for best grain to glass whiskey and bourbon at the 2018 Texas Whiskey Festival.
- Harbinger Straight bourbon – Another award-winning whiskey won gold for best grain to glass bourbon at the 2019 Texas Whiskey Festival.
- Hubris Straight Corn Whiskey – Currently holds the title for best corn whiskey in the world. Also, get Robert to tell you the story behind the name. I can’t help but think about it every time I have a sip.
- Icarus Straight Corn Whiskey – is Hubris finished in port and peated barrels. One of their newer releases.
- Esoteric is an ongoing whiskey experiment. They blend and bottle a portion of their experimental releases from the year.